Here are the berries I bought at the market last week. I didn't know they were going to cost me 130 yuan ($20) until after I had picked them out to be weighed.
杨梅 yángméi berries, Chinese Red Bayberries that are cultivated in our province, Zhejiang
Here is the little boy with the runny nose who loves to eat the berries.

Here is the pie I made while berry-eater was napping so I could take it to my book club that night.
Not the first-ever yáng méi pie, since I found the recipe on the internet. It is, however, my first lattice top pie!
Here is the friend who loves the berries and the pie.
She is the one who told me about these Chinese berries, so she gets the first piece of pie
I'm looking forward to more (and cheaper) yáng méi since the season doesn't officially start until June!
1 comment:
YUMMY! I've never attempted the lattice top... although Max asked me just tonight if I'd make him a raspberry tart. I have no idea where he pulled that out of.
Good job!!!
Post a Comment