Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stick food

We have many different kinds of food-on-sticks around here. Chinese foodies are big on stick-food, but here are some new ones I've seen recently:

Cake-on-a-stick at Starbucks in Ningbo. Do you have these at Starbucks in the States? Is this the newest step in the cupcake craze?

Sorry to say I didn't try them yet. Maybe I need to try making a vegan version...

Eggs-on-a-stick! These are fried eggs, cooked in a griddle with a stick through the center. We tried them in Moon Lake park in Ningbo a couple weekends ago.

Cooking the quail eggs in the griddle. The bamboo stick is put in the eggs while they are still raw in the griddle.

Final product - topped with cumin, chili powder, and a ketchup-like sauce. Yummmmmm.

And finally, in honor of Tim's birthday, there were some awesome steak kebabs (with tequila lime cilantro marinade) and Chinese stick-meat at his birthday BBQ after school last Thursday.

Happy Birthday Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment