I seem to have developed a caffeine addiction. Ever since returning to China in September I have been a slave to my coffee pot in the morning. I rationalized that as long as Milan continues to wake up before 6:30am, I can use the caffeine crutch in the morning.
Milan is still waking up at insanely early hours at least a couple times a week, but I have finally kicked the coffee pot habit - I haven't turned it on once since the new coffee shop opened up around the corner. Yes, Cup O' Joe is open for business. It is managed and co-owned by a friend whose wife teaches at Tim's school. Now I can go there everyday, which is what I have been doing. Lattes, cappuccino, and other espresso drinks from a real espresso machine. It also happens to be the cleanest restaurant in town, and the only place to get an authentic sandwich or a fresh salad. And waffles and eggs and bacon and french toast and bread from a French bakery in Ningbo. And soup! Need I say more? This is a very exciting addition to the neighborhood.
I am also working there, which is how I know it is the cleanest restaurant in town. I agreed to help out a couple mornings a week during these first few months of opening, and to support my new higher standard of coffee addiction. Milan donated a basket of his toys for the kid's corner and there is a blossoming English book exchange. It. Is. Awesome.
Come by for a cup of coffee if you're in the neighborhood!

No comments:
Post a Comment