That friend just had a baby this week.
So I made a big brother-little brother gift for her two sons to share (one son is the new infant, the other is the 4-year old who is Milan's best buddy).
And of course if I am going to make one doll I might as well make two, so I finally made one for Milan.
I think I started them in November and it was a group effort. I borrowed the sewing machine from the friend whose sons received the doll. I was given the red silk and motivation and encouragement and pep talks from friend and master sewing artist Lauren. I bought the yarn on tao bao. The stuffing was sent from my mom as packing material in our Christmas package. After months of working on them and scrounging materials from all corners of the globe, I made a goal to have them both finished by Easter.
So the Chinese doll went off to his new home today, but before he left, they did a little tai chi in the park.

1 comment:
They came out BEAUTIFULLY fabulous! I seriously hope Milan's doll doesn't laugh his head off anymore.
How'd you get the dolls to stand still long enough to take the photos? Great work!
Post a Comment